Good grammar just might be the key to a good time

Written by steven hall on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Dear readers, I have no idea who originally penned this story, otherwise I would attribute it. If you happen to know the identity of the author, please hook a brothah up so I can doc it. Now then; on to the lesson:

"On my 60th birthday, I got a gift certificate from my wife. The certificate paid for a visit to a shaman living on a nearby reservation who was rumored to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction. After being persuaded, I drove to the reservation, handed my ticket to the shaman, and wondered what I was in for. The old man slowly, methodically produced a potion, handed it to me, and with a grip on my shoulder, warned, 'This is powerful medicine and it must be respected. You take only a teaspoonful and then say '1-2-3.' When you do that, you will be more manly than you have ever been in your life, and you will be able to perform as long as you want.' As he turned and began to walk away, I asked, 'How do I stop the medicine from working?'

The shaman turned his head back over his shoulder and responded, 'Your partner must say '1-2-3-4, but when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon.'

I was eager to see if it worked. I went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited Cara to join me in the bedroom. When she came in, I took off my clothes and said, '1-2-3!' Immediately, I was the manliest of men. Cara was excited and began throwing off her clothes. And then she asked, 'What was the 1-2-3 for?'

And that, boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition."

Thanks, @MikeChadwick, for forwarding this to me!

Transcendental grade for bad grammar: Nevermind, the result was punishment enough.

1 Responses to "Good grammar just might be the key to a good time"

Comment by fairest blonde
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:41:00 PM CST #  

English skills are just as important as any other skill.