Hitler carnies of fair ground parking

Written by steven hall on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 10:03 AM

So this morning I'm in a bit of a hurry getting to work, and as I pulled into the front gate of the fair grounds, which haven't even opened yet, an old crotchety parking attendant jumps out in front of me, wearing coke bottles (I know, I know: bless his heart.), and yells SLOOWW DOOOWWNN! Of course I'm already stopped at this point.

Aside: It's not that he told me to slow down that annoyed me. It was the wide-eyed frantic waving of the hands by a person who can't see well enough to know I was already stopping, and then aggressively addressed me. It's the fact that during the fair, these people--carnies, really--come out of the wood-work to claim their temporary "4 weeks out of the year" power and proceed to go hitler on everyone who works there year round. It's ridiculous.

Now then, where was I? Ah yes, I rolled down my window and mentioned I was headed to the music hall and was in a hurry, to which he replied, "where are you going?"...[really? I just told you.] "to the music hall--I work there"...."well what do you do?"...."sorry no time to talk" [squealing tires because my saturn is a beast]...

SLLLOOOOOWWWW DDOOOWWNNN!
kiss my grits old man.

Transcendental grade for old hitler parking dude 1/7 chakras.

4 Responses to "Hitler carnies of fair ground parking"

Anonymous
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 11:17:00 AM CDT #  

He was drunk with power! Besides, in those coke bottle glasses your car probably looked HUGE. It's not like he probably has any depth perception left. What an idiot.

Comment by fairest blonde
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 11:27:00 AM CDT #  

your Saturn is a beast? Perhaps the carnie isn't the only delusional person in this story.... ;)

Comment by steven hall
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 1:22:00 PM CDT #  

my saturn IS a beast! A beast of burden... but very reliable thus far.
and hahahaha mike c!

Comment by John Gardner
Thursday, September 25, 2008 at 12:34:00 AM CDT #  

as I recall, last season the parking attendants NEVER knew where we were supposed to park nor did they believe us when we told them we were "with the band". In frustration we would point out our clearly displayed parking passes but to no avail. Do I think things will be better this year? I doubt it. I don't understand why the lines of communication choose not to exist. And another thing, who does the orchestra get to park closer to the building than the chorus?