Insomnia. Can't turn my brain off.

Written by steven hall on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 1:26 AM

We are, at DSM, preparing to release our 2009 lineup of shows. I am a little on over-load (as is all of marketing) trying to get the new website completed so it can go live Friday at midnite. This is another one of those times that a wise person will, in the midst of being overwhelmed, admit the fact and then "hunker down" and maintain organization and communication until the jobs done.

Being organized is usually never an issue with me. The problem that I face now is that I can't turn my brain off at night. It is constantly bouncing through to-do's and a never-ending list of tasks that must be completed, complete with crystalline break-downs of each work-flow. That with opera rehearsals at night are slightly kickin' my ass. So I try to eat well, get whatever sleep I can, and make sure to exercise. Rode 5 miles tonight at 10pm just so I could keep from missing a day.

0 Responses to "Insomnia. Can't turn my brain off."